Study after study has shown that dogs contribute a great deal to our physical and emotional well-being. Moreover, research has even proven that dogs can detect human illnesses and conditions such as oncoming seizures, migraines and even cancer. Given this almost psychic connection to their human owners and our unconditional love of our pets, it is only natural that we desire to do everything we can to protect them against every potential threat. One way to do this is by purchasing insurance for your English cream golden retrievers. Insurance will give you peace of mind by ensuring that this important member of your household is protected. Here are some specific reasons to consider purchasing pet insurance for your white golden retriever puppies.
- Dogs & cats get sick: Pets, like we humans, can get sick at a moment’s notice and are susceptible to allergies, diabetes and cancer. These kinds of conditions require surgeries, vet visits, medications and test all of which can be costly. Pet insurance can help you manage unexpected medical bills such as these.
- Rising veterinary costs: According to a survey conducted by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), veterinary expenses paid by pet owners rose 14% from 2006 to 2011, to $28 billion. Moreover, if your pet should ever need serious medical care due to a chronic condition or an accident, the cost to see to his/her needs could easily cost thousands of dollars.
- It allows you to pick your veterinarian: Most insurance policies give you the right to choose your pet’s healthcare provider.
- Prevents dipping into the family’s emergency fund: Pet insurance is a smart way to set aside a monthly amount to cover expenses that are related to pet illnesses and/emergencies. By doing this, you will have an income source separate from your family’s emergency budget. This will aid the human members of your family as well as your four-legged companions.
- Extends the lives of our pets: The most importance reason to purchase pet insurance for your pooch is that it will help him/her to live a long, healthy life.
According to the latest American Pet Products Association’s Pet Owners Survey, only 4% of dog owners and 1% of cat owners carry pet insurance policies. This is a shame. Pets provide us with so much. It is only natural that we should want to do our best to make sure that they are happy, safe and healthy throughout their lives.